[Gasification] mycoremediation of tarry water

Tom Reed tombreed2010 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 13:33:21 CST 2013

Dear Doug and all:

The Toplit Updraft gasifier produces a different gas (plus 20% charcoal, mostly from the lignin) than the downdraft gasifier.  I believe it may be a cleaner gas, since cellulose (~ CH2O) vaporizes to produce a different gas (CO + H2 + ?) than the lignin.

As soon as we get some warm weather, I'll try to measure the tar content from each, using my 2 kW generator and a 5 gal tar filter made from the charcoal.

Comments, suggestions?

Thomas B Reed
280 Hardwick Rd
Barre, MA 01005