[Gasification] mycoremediation of tarry water

doug.williams Doug.Williams at orcon.net.nz
Mon Feb 4 11:25:30 CST 2013

Hi Arnt,

You ask:

> ..quick question: H2 needs how much longer dwell time than CO?

For many years I was locked into H2  formation as only a temperature dependant disassociation, but this has been shown to be incorrect by the continuous gas analysis we have been able to use for the development programme in California. As we increased the output over a range of bed depths, H2 dropped, while CO tended to increase. You could always find a sweet spot for a chosen depth, but H2 formation lagged if you pulled harder.

If you increase the bed depths to increase the contact/dwell time, even by say 25mm, the H2 will increase, but then so does bed resistances. Time taken has to be nano seconds, but as you have discovered, a good sneeze can help maintain the bed porosity(:-)

There are many ways to skin this cat, but the basics remain the same based on the experience so far. It would be great if gas was only made at a fixed output, then variations of every type could be controlled.

Doug Williams,
Fluidyne------