[Gasification] mycoremediation of tarry water

Bob Stuart bobstuart at sasktel.net
Thu Jan 31 21:28:10 CST 2013

Reciprocating steam engines don't need superheating as much as a
turbine, but they still increase in efficiency as temperature and
pressure  go up into the range of material failure.   The cyclone
separator does a pretty good job of keeping the tar out of the
engines.  Overall, small steam engines are also a nightmare for
maintenance.  In WW II, when the railways still ran on steam and the
technology was well known, people still converted cars to wood gas,
even without a good separator.  Tearing it down for cleaning every
5,000 miles and dealing with a gasifier and it's fuel fussiness was
considered less trouble and danger than a boiler and its complications.

Bob Stuart