[Gasification] Biochar

Big Daddy bigdaddy at offgridpro.com
Wed Mar 27 15:15:15 CDT 2013

Tom,

I purchased a large meat grinder from a gentleman off Craigslist. He was using it to make chum for his fishing trips by grinding up mackerel. If my biochar chunks are 1” or smaller, it works perfectly, with very little effort. The end result is:

·         30% powder

·         30% sand grain sizes

·         40% ~1 centimeter chunks

I stole – er, borrowed – this idea from a YouTube video. My grinder is a little bigger than this, and I haven’t hooked up a motor yet… Someday.

Here is the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6q14T1IP7So

-BigDaddy