[Gasification] Fluidised bed reactor

Kevin kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Fri Nov 29 11:22:43 CST 2013

Dear Rex

----- Original Message -----
From: "Rex Zietsman" <rex at whitfieldfarm.co.za>
To: <gasification at lists.bioenergylists.org>
Sent: Friday, November 29, 2013 4:18 AM
Subject: [Gasification] Fluidised bed reactor

> Kevin,
>
> What you say is correct. However, there is benefit in returning some
> exhaust
> back to gasification as you force a higher production of CO relative to
> CO2
> production. I suspect it is an equilibrium thing...

# For a gasifier having a relatively high exit temperature, then engine
exhaust additions to the gasifier intake air could indeed be a way to both
lower the gasifier exit temperature, and to raise the CO level.

There is a CO/CO2 equilibrium consideration, and also a kinetics or "speed
of reaction" consideration.

Best wishes,

Kevin