[Gasification] Gasification or Pyrolysis + Absorption Chiller for Fruit

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Mon Aug 25 11:19:53 CDT 2014

Kelly,

Very helpful. If you are in an environment with high electricity prices is it worth considering getting to 40F with an absorption chiller and going further with the electro-mechanical chiller? Or does the capital cost kill it?

Put another way, would it be better to us your Proton unit (http://www.protonpower.com/ ) to generate electricity to drive an electromechanical chiller, or to use the heat to pre-chill and power to finish? How much refrigeration can you produce from the 250 kWe Proton using either method?

Thanks

Tom