[Gasification] Cellulose Gas and Biochar option

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Mon Feb 10 10:46:36 CST 2014

Evan,

Studies that we have seen show that about 50% of the char is derived from
lignin and about 25% each from cellulose and hemicellulose. I'd have to dig
into the studies to qualify the conditions of gasification and the species
involved but it is clear that each of the fractions is carbonized with the
dominant char fraction being from the lignin.

Tom