[Gasification] Mk2 Chip Guillotine

Doug Doug.Williams at orcon.net.nz
Thu Jan 23 21:35:49 CST 2014

Hi Jason and Colleagues,

Having started this thing, thought I had better try out your idea. I had reservations about the leverage which proved to be right, as the foot push ends up taking a lot more effort. The disc blade has to drop 4" and in doing so, the link point moves out 2". Given time and some $$, I thing the best solution for the actuation would be an air cylinder with a 5 port valve control "if" you needed to process large amounts of specifically sized fuel. Of course you could also use a crank and fly wheel. It's amazing what you can find quite usable in scrap yards.

Doug Williams,
Fluidyne.