[Gasification] Charcoal and biochar

Kevin C kchisholm at ca.inter.net
Tue Mar 18 06:35:35 CDT 2014

Dear Craig and Tom

I would suggest that Pellets are an especially good fuel for "Cross
Country Travel", in that they can be purchased all across the country,
throughout the year. When you want to refuel a Woodgas Car, simply
drive into Home Hardware or Walmart, and "fill 'er up."

Clearly, there is a problem with pellets used in an Imbert Style
gasifier, with moisture absorption by the pellets above the pyrolysis
zone. However, there is no such problem with pellets fed to one of
Luk's "Drizzlers"

"Pellet energy" is more expensive than "chip energy", but if the extra
cost is chalked up to "widespread availability", then it is a lot more
bearable.

Best wishes,

Kevin