[Gasification] Marine Wastes

Peter Davies idgasifier at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 16:22:39 CDT 2014

Gerald,

We have a current project that has been successful in early trial work
and are awaiting the arrival of a delivery of 2 tonnes of marine
engine/ships tanks sludge's from a client to complete the work so as to
include all potentially manageable ship/port wastes. The system used is
our industrial gasifier hearth and current plans are for it to be
located in port using mixed wastes and dunnage timbers plus externally
sourced wood chip if required. For the particular program this would be
in the 5MWe scale, made up of 10 x 500kWe modules.  We have looked
previously at ship board systems but you would require wood chip or
pellets to be also carried as part of the gasifier fuel for efficient
functioning in our own case.

Regards,
Peter

On 27-Mar-14 6:36 AM, Gerald Kutney wrote:

> Is anyone aware of the use of gasification (or pyrolysis) to treat
> solid marine wastes from ships and vessels; either at the vessels or
> at the ports.  If not, I plan to look at treating MSW as a proxy.  Any
> comments or ideas?
>
> Gerald Kutney, Ph.D.
>
> Managing Director
>
> Sixth Element Sustainable Management
>
> Executive Management Consultants for Start-ups
>
> www.6esm.com <http://www.6esm.com>

Peter Davies
Director
ID Gasifiers Pty Ltd