[Gasification] Two Engines One Gasifier/Harmonics?

Doug Williams doug.williams.nz at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 12:05:59 CDT 2015

Hi Pete,

The Australian tank called the Matilda if I remember correctly, had two British Leyland engines built in reverse mirror image. After the war, nobody wanted the left hand build for truck engine replacement. We used one of two the Redline Bus Co.bought in Brisbane, Australia in 1960, and used it to power the chassis of the first rear engine Buses in Australia. They were really heavy and after all the work of building the Coach around them and put to work, both engines had cracked crankshafts.

I doubt if it would be worth the expense of commercially geared Power trains for rural applications unless in a DIY, sense you recycled truck gearboxes.
Doug Williams.
Fluidyne.

--
Doug Williams <Doug.Williams.nz at gmail.com>