[Gasification] eliminating carbon monoxide from coal gas

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 22:14:46 CDT 2015

Coal gas as automotive fuel
Agriculture, forests and urban centres  in India produce annually
about 1000 million tons of combustible waste biomass. Its energy
content is almost 3 times as much as the petroleum that we currently
use in our country.  Samuchit Enviro Tech developed a simple and
nonpolluting technology for converting combustible biomass into
charcoal. When hot charcoal is treated with steam, it produces coal
gas, consisting of a mixture of carbon monoxide and hydrogen. We have
used this reaction in an experimental stove, in which the coal gas is
used as fuel.   Can anybody suggest a simple method of removing carbon
monoxide from coal gas?
Yours
A.D.Karve

***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)