[Gasification] eliminating carbon monoxide from coal gas

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 02:42:26 CDT 2015

A note explaining the background of my query:
Hydrogen represents a clean fuel. I am a biologist and I came across a
lot of very fancy microbial procedures for obtaining hydrogen. One
needs specific microbes for this purpose and keeping the microbial
culture pure is a big hassle in most large scale microbiological
reactions. Some very simple physico-chemical methods are available for
obtaining hydrogen. I got interested in the one using charcoal,
because it is based on a renewable resource. This is the explanation
why I wanted to remove CO from coal gas. I thank the list members for
the overwhelming response.
Yours
A.D.Karve
***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)