[Gasification] What became of the Waterwide gasifier/ close combustion system ?

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Tue Jun 16 18:46:19 CDT 2015

James,

We see many examples of perfectly good biomass boilers that are lost when a
company owner retires or a business fails. It would be useful to have a
better record of the Waterwide experience. I always felt that a moving grate
would be a useful addition to the Waterwide furnace. They had a pretty
compact 5-6 MMBtuh unit. Larger versions of either a pile or grate followed
by a cyclonic afterburner are the Wellons cell www.wellons-usa.com, which
started as a refractory pile burning cell for burning bagasse, and the
Lamb-Cargate Wet Cell which became the Heuristic Envirocycler by Dr. Malcolm
Lefcort, nunaenergy.com

Tom