[Gasification] Two Engines One Gasifier

Doug Williams doug.williams.nz at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 22:14:02 CDT 2015

Hi Jeff,

The easiest way is to set up a controllable blower on the air intake of
the gasifier. You then have a control ball valve to both engines
(hopefully the same type and size). The fan cannot blow more than is
let out through the valves, but should blow enough to start each engine
on no load. It takes a bit of fiddling to get the first start up
sorted, but then turn off the fan, open the valves fully, and apply the
load to the max.

The gasifier should be able to run only one engine if the load drops
below the max output of just one engine, so turn one engine off. If you
find the oxidation temperature and colour dropping down to below a
healthy incandescence on the one engine, you will need to increase the
air velocity by using a slightly smaller air nozzle bore size.

Hope this may be of some assistance.
Doug Williams,
Fluidyne.

--