[Gasification] Documentary of Living Off Grid

Bob Stuart bobstuart at sasktel.net
Tue Nov 3 13:23:56 CST 2015

Whole Earth ran a piece on "Amish Economics" by a neighbor Gene Lodgson
who had noticed that they seemed to be doing awfully well without a lot
of long hours.  In Pennsylvania they were careful to only use motors as
supplements, not essentials in their work, and to keep their telephones
in inconvenient booths.  One typical dodge was a strong preference for
buying hay rather than grain, if they had to buy anything for their
cattle.  It paid dividends as manure.

Bob Stuart