[Gasification] Documentary of Living Off Grid

Dan Dimiduk carefreeland at aol.com
Tue Nov 3 19:08:34 CST 2015

I am more familiar with the Mennonites in Southern Ohio. A good friend and his Wife ran a taxi service for them with some extended vans. Many were  carpenters needing to go to distant job sites. He introduced me to several who showed me their farm operations. One built log cabin kits. Another had greenhouses with thermosiphon wood heated hot water heating.  The individual groups are like extended families and all write their own rules within guidelines. One point not made clear is that they have their own oil wells and even distill their own kerosine and diesel fuel. A lot of the Utica shale sits under Amish country in Holmes County area.