[Gasification] Off grid living

Jason urepedese at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 21:07:00 CST 2015

Good comments Kermit.

Only proviso I would add, from my Architecture training, is the
phychological and physiological aspects of our built environment. We are
very sensitive to light and sound, just as we are heat and humidity. Yes
apartments have a better surface to volume ratio that gives benefits for
space heating, but at what cost?

Apartments can be designed well, but you need light from two sides of every
room. They should be no taller than four levels, living or working higher
than that comes with an increased risk of mental illness with each level
higher. There are more guidelines, a good read is "A Timeless Way of
Building" by Christopher Alexander.

For someone that has been living sustainably for decades, check out this
friend of mine from Dunedin, New Zealand.
https://powerdownkiwi.wordpress.com/ Murray is a fridgy by trade, yet his
reputation sees him guest lecture on the topic at Otago University. He
isn't one to mince his words.

Cheers all.

Jason