[Gasification] SPAM: Coconut Charcoal

Anand Karve adkarve at gmail.com
Sun Oct 4 00:15:29 CDT 2015

Dear Angie,
If you want charcoal just for burning or for application to the soil, we
can provide you with a simple kiln, based on the TLUD principle. The kiln
is supplied in the form of metal panels, which only need to be bolted
together (the nuts and bolts are provided with the panels). The entire kit
comes packed in a cardboard box, about 1mX1mX10cm.  Almost 100 such kilns
are in operation in India. The kilns have been tested on coconut shells
(with and without husk). If the material to be charred is dry, the kiln
does not produce any smoke.  The chamber in which the material is filled,
has a capacity of only 100 litres, but once you have the kiln, you can just
enlarge its dimensions and scale it up.
Yours
A.D.Karve

***
Dr. A.D. Karve

Chairman, Samuchit Enviro Tech Pvt Ltd (www.samuchit.com)

Trustee & Founder President, Appropriate Rural Technology Institute (ARTI)