[Gasification] Innocentive "challenge"

Toby Seiler seilertechco at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 8 12:04:17 CDT 2015

Here is that "fine print" in their offer.  Too bad...I would like a sponsor for my 2 stage process (cross flow HT reformer) but the following gives them a lot for very little investment.  One could get a second or third and still be subject to the following:

 "you hereby assign and convey to InnoCentive, as escrow agent for Seeker, a non-exclusive, worldwide, unlimited, perpetual, and irrevocable license to use, make, have made, market, copy, modify, lease, sell, distribute, and create derivative works of the Proposed Solution and any Work Product that are related to the InnoCentive Challenge. If you utilize any processes in development of the Work Product which are the subject of patent rights owned by you, you agree to grant to InnoCentive a worldwide, non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free right and license to practice any patented processes used in the Work Product, including the right to assign the foregoing license to Seekers. Furthermore, you agree that you will, during the term of this Agreement and at any time thereafter, execute all papers and do all things deemed necessary by InnoCentive or a Seeker to ensure that InnoCentive and the Seeker acquires the licenses and rights set forth in this CSA."

Toby SeilerSeiler Technical Co.