[Gasification] Producer Gas issues in a baking oven

Doug Williams doug.williams.nz at gmail.com
Fri Feb 26 01:03:45 CST 2016

Hi Srinivas,

Am I correctly understanding that you are using one gasifier to fuel 3
Ovens? If so, then your problem which took 6 days to develop, will be
in how the pipelines are connected.

You have already thought about the tar causing blockages, and I hope
opened up the pipes to clean them out. If you have not done this, then
I would expect the tar building up on the walls to cause flow
turbulence resulting in a back pressure to the normal flow. You should
post a sketch diagram of how the 3 pipelines feed the ovens so we can
take the guess work out of helping you.

Please answer these questions.

1. Do the burners have a pressured air supply?

2. If the air is turned off to the burner, does the gas ignite?

3. How long is the pipeline to the oven, and what size pipe?

4. Is there water condensate forming in the pipeline?

5. Are you using excess combustion air to reduce the temperature to
170C?

6. How do you control the oven temperature, changing the gas flow may
be?

7. Did the burner performance slowly change over the 6 days?

Hope  we can help you sort it out.

Regards,
Doug Williams,
Fluidyne.