[Gasification] Characterization of waste water from biomass gasification equipment: A case-study from Cambodia

Pete & Sheri spaco at baldwin-telecom.net
Wed Jan 6 15:41:31 CST 2016

Thank you, Doug.
  Yes, that is useful.
So---- what if one allowed the scrubber water to sit still for a couple of days?  Would most of the "condensable hydrocarbons" and the tar rise to the top?  (I assume that most that "bad stuff" isn't water soluble.)  Then, could that top layer be sucked off, making for a concentrate that might be easier to deal with?  And, would the remaining "water" be useful in the scrubber again?

My reason for asking the original question is this:
  I have been testing a JXQ-10 for several years now.  I can get it to make enough gas to run an Onan 6.5KW genset for up to about 4 hours per batch, at about 3KW net, max..  The thing that always ends the run is when the reactor is full of wood chips to the top.
As I watch maximum  power, and I see it begin to drop, I can add a thin layer of wood chips and, IMMEDIATELY to power comes back up.  It appears to me that it's the new wood chips that are the "new" energy source, not the (rapid change in) dissociation of CO2 to CO and O2 or the sudden "new" dissociation of H2O to H2 and O2.

Pete Stanaitis