[Gasification] SPAM: use of calcium salts in biogas generation

Tom Miles tmiles at trmiles.com
Thu Jan 7 12:03:25 CST 2016

AD

Great question. Calcium is usually a major element in the ash from thermal conversion of annual growth (grasses, straws, young wood). It typically reacts with volatile elements like sulfur, chlorine, or phosphorous. When we calcine the ash – burn out the carbon – for analysis at 600C we see carbonates form.

Tom