[Gasification] field of wood

Toby Seiler seilertechco at yahoo.com
Sun Jan 17 13:35:49 CST 2016

A sawmill that makes pallets that I service has a field of slats that are waste to the pallet making operation.  They have a market for bedding and grind a lot of slabs, but these are the near misses or defective slats and runners.  They put them on pallets and most are air dried in the field. A lot has accumulated.
So I'm wondering, if I were to make chunks, about 3" long, would there be a market? What further processing would make hardwood chunks (no bark) into a high value product?  Like toasting them?  Any ideas or customers in the midwestUS?  How about breweries?
Toby SeilerSeiler Technical Co.