[Gasification] Work Opportunities

Bob Stuart bobstuart at sasktel.net
Mon Jul 18 15:47:21 CDT 2016

FWIW, I went from high-school dropout to guest lecturer of graduating
engineers via the library.  Books are pretty good, if you understand
them as you go.  I understand that Universities now work primarily to
create debt, passing almost anyone for money, while suppressing critical
thinking.  For anyone who thinks they need an engineer, I recommend the
books of J.E. Gordon.  They are easy reading stories about the discovery
of engineering, with a  few formulas in an appendix.  After reading, you
will be in a much better position to either do the work yourself, or
hire someone who knows their stuff.

I'm surprised by the depth of ignorance out there.  The TV show The Big
Bang Theory retains a science advisor full time, yet in 8-2, they
confused the two most basic terms in engineering, strength and stiffness.

Bob Stuart