[Gasification] Solid Fuel Gas Turbine, was Re: Where is Everyone?

Bob Stuart bobstuart at sasktel.net
Tue Jan 3 13:39:55 CST 2017

Thanks again.  This has saved me a lot of trial and error.

It sounds like I should try using plenty of air to minimize CO content,
preheated for secondary combustion, and a cyclonic separator for the
ash, probably with another filter as well, perhaps electrostatic?  Air
lubricated bearings seem wise as well.  The impeller case should open
with the feed door, swinging a rotary wire brush into contact with the
turbo, angled to both clean and turn it slowly.  The magnet needs a
strong enclosure to handle the centrifugal force, and careful balancing.

As usual with gasifiers, price does not go down well for a
small-capacity rig, so solar may have this beat for home use now.  Maybe
I've just dreamed up a good way to get forced draft on a condensing
stove using low-tech impellers.  I hope someone will find this inspiring
for a larger scale unit.

Bob