[Gasification] Getting both heat and char ..... was Re: Where is Everyone?

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Tue Jan 3 17:20:51 CST 2017

Rolf,

I am responding to your two messages that are repeated below.

I am definitely with you on this matter of making heat AND making
char.   I have lots of experience with small scale devices, and moderate
experience up to 200 kW thermal.

Yes, BOTH the heat and the char are important, and help to pay for the
other one.

Before taking the discussion off-list, could you please tell all of us
about your needs and about your resources.   No solution is free from
the development costs.   Does the kiln already exist (or is that another
cost to be covered?)   And we want to find out who else has a "burning"
interest in this.   (This was 2/3rds of  a pun. 2/3rds is   P   U  ; as
in pew!!)  (With full respect for the non-native English speakers on
this listserv, here is then meaning of the joke:
> Wordwizard • View topic - *PEW* !! whats that??
> <http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?p=63421>
> http://www.wordwizard.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?p=63421 mj (a.k.a.
> Michael), The word *PEW*! has been around a bit more than decades (
> see ... 2) [1859] Expressing disgust at an unpleasant *smell*.

And where it happens does make a difference, such as with labor costs.
You are in Mexico.   In what part?   Plenty of dry biomass??  Please
send info.   Okay if in Spanish (I can read that, and if others cannot,
we will cross that bridge when necessary).

Do you know Noel C. of forestry in Mexico?   Could this become a Mexico
project?

Question for everyone:  When "woodgas" (pyrolytic gases) come off of the
biomass, what is the highest temperatures at which they can be burned?
That would be with stochiometric combustion, right?   Just the right
amount of air.

Paul

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com