[Gasification] Solid Fuel Gas Turbine, was Re: Where is Everyone?

Doug doug.williams.nz at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 23:36:14 CST 2017

Hi Bob,

I doubt if roots blowers would work with all the heat involved. They are
oil lubricated, but as the carbon dust collects even from dry cold gas,
they eventually seize. Vane pumps are a different matter if you can
build one with high temperature capability. In some respects, this is
how the rotary Wankel engine works if you add a spark ignition.

It's worth telling of how our Roots blower being used to draw gas into
pressurized storage in Canada stalled, then due to no none return valve,
was driven backwards until the pulley came off and went through the
metal siding of the building.

Greg Manning up in Canada, found that orange oil available in many
cleaning products is the best solvent for tar or carbon based deposits.
If you play with gasification, make sure your hand cleaners are orange
oil based, as it's the best you can use.

Have you considered Stirling Engines as an option?

Doug Williams.