[Gasification] Electricity from charcoal made in TLUD stoves (Re: Paul)

Paul Anderson psanders at ilstu.edu
Sat Jan 7 15:33:22 CST 2017

Nikhil asked on behalf of Stovers.    I have added the Gasification
Listserv to receive this message also.   Please reply to your respective
lists.  This is more about gasification than it is about stoves.

Char-gasification is easier and less expensive (equipment wise) to
create gases acceptable into internal combustion engines.   That is know
for 100+ years.   The problem is the loss of energy when making the
char.   Now the TLUD char-making cookstoves can produce char without
wasting the pyrolytic gases.   That is a nice fringe benefit.

So I am working with Gary Gilmore (USA char-gasifier guru in western
Pennsylvania) (who is not on the Stoves Listserv).  The project is
called C2P (Char to Power).  Gary and I are working with Ken Boak and
some possible interest in India.   Somewhat slow going, but certainly
viable.  One of the C2P units has already gone to Mexico.

We do NOT make the engines or gensets.   Just the designs for the
char-gasifier.   We are looking for enthusiasts who would participate
with us, and put in their expertise, and not drain us. We are NOT
selling finished products (even the documentation of the gasifer is not
completed).   I assure you that it works very nicely with char from TLUD
stoves and from other ways that have been developed to make biochar.

If you want to see "stuff" that is related, search the internet for Gary
Gilmore gasifier.  You will mainly find some YouTube videos that are not
our latest work.

Current size is 2 to 6 kWe (kiloWatts electricity, not thermal), with
duration of 30 minutes to continual, depending on the char refilling
features.   We do not expect to go larger than 20 kWe, and maybe not
more than 10 to 12 kWe sustained generation.

If interested, please clearly state your credentials, objectives,
location and resources to be involved.   Minimum is probably $600 for
materials, a good workshop, time, skills, and a genset to be connected
to the gasifier.  Especially interested in people to do work in India or
somewhere else with production of genset to which the char-gasifiers can
be connected as the fuel supply.

And we will take our messages to "off-list" discussions.   Casual
enquiries will need to wait until there are results to announce to these
Listservs and elsewhere.   Serious investors should write to me directly
at    psanders at ilstu.edu

I will be presenting this briefly at the ETHOS meeting 27-29 January in
the Seattle, and will meet face to face there with those who show up.

Paul

Email:  psanders at ilstu.edu
Skype:   paultlud    Phone: +1-309-452-7072
Website:  www.drtlud.com