[Gasification] FW: Gasification internship opportunity in Philippines

Bruce Wilson brucewilsoncontracting at earthlink.net
Tue May 1 06:33:41 CDT 2018

Asa and group,
     I do not understand the decision to make charcoal then use a
gasifier to make electricity and heat.
     You are adding an unnecessary step to the process.
     There are off the shelf units that will gasify the organic matter
and make electricity and heat, and their manufacturers will offer the
engineering you need to select a system if you can quantify the amount
of the waste stream, the electricity needs and the heat requirements for
the dryer.
     Bruce

     On 4/30/2018 6:33 PM, tmiles at trmiles.com wrote:

> Here’s an opportunity in the Philippines:
>
> To lead the design, construction and installation of an integrated
> biomass energy system
>
> and improved coconut meat dryer for CocoAsenso’s processing facilities.
>
> ● The biomass energy system will be based around charcoal production,
> gasification
>
> of charcoal (to produce syngas for generator) and heat recovery (to
> provide heat for
>
> coconut dryer and boiler).
>
> ● The dryer will be thermally tied into the biomass energy system. The
> dryer may be
>
> a cabinet dryer, conveyor dryer, fluidized bed dryer, or some other
> type of dryer
>
> that would be ideal for CocoAsenso’s production of desiccated coconut.
>
> Please reply to Asa Feinstein at CocoAsenso asa at cocoasenso.com

Bruce Wilson LEED AP Environmentally Sustainable Renovation,
Restoration and New Construction. PA Registered Contractor PA#10930,
EPA Certified Lead Safe Contractor (required for work on pre 1978 buildings)
Performing Energy Efficiency Improvement Contracting.
Celebrating 41 years in Business.

Notice: Please be advised that this e-mail, together with any
attachments, is for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) and
may contain confidential and privileged information. It is not
to be copied or passed on to any other person not entitled to
receive such information. Any distribution, use, or reproduction
without the sender's prior consent is unauthorized and strictly
prohibited.  Further, this notice serves as a disclaimer of any
liability on the part of the sender in failing to keep this
information confidential. If you have received this communication
in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete all copies of the original message.