[Gasification] Need for off-grid non-solar electricity where biomass is plentiful

Jason urepedese at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 15:37:00 CST 2018

Paul,

you are quite correct, I am thinking big and haven't yet promoted it
widely. My attempts to promote the turbine idea have been targeted rather
than broad brush. Bob, there are is nothing online about this yet for the
same reason. I spoke with some venture capitalists on Thursday and they
fact they were motivated by the idea tells me it is worth pushing harder to
secure funding. There are several other forestry related parties I could
pursue for funding, plus it is highly likely to attract part funding from
government here.

Big is more likely to attract development funding.

I think it will be less efficient at a smaller scale. Some gearing down
would likely be necessary. But a domestic size unit based around an
automotive turbocharger dimensions should be possible. Efficiencies should
still be way better than gasification and ICE combination (sorry Werner,
but this is simpler, more efficient, clean, probably more reliable, and
will scale up to utility level. It is the biomass solution the world
needs). My vision is to house it in concrete and capture the waste heat in
thermal mass for a CHP type arrangement, concrete could keep the noise
contained. Or capturing the waste heat in water would be a good solution
also.

I can supply a referral from a friend that is a Mechanical Engineer for
anyone seeking that level of oversight of the idea. That is conservationist
Pete Bethune.

For those wanting something without moving parts Gerard at Tecteg has a
sophisticated themoelectric module in development that will match up with
the IntensiFire stove solution. https://tecteg.com/ Like my idea, he hasn't
promoted it yet.

Regards

Jason