[Gasification] Heat Storage

Bob Stuart bobstuart at sasktel.net
Wed Sep 5 14:38:34 CDT 2018

Hi Werner,

We too had a first night of frost yesterday in mid-Saskatchewan.  When I
put up election signs for one MP, my territory is the size of Germany.

My problem is that the storage is for the one-man RV in my micro-car.  I
need high heat density at low mass.  The primary heat source will be
exhaust gasses bubbling through the tank.

I think that paraffin-encapsulating panels might be a good dual-purpose
feature for passive solar, since hollow cores are a way to improve panel
stability anyway.

I'm not getting anything but page headers from that URL.  If I had a big
windmill for heat, I'd hook the turbine directly to an air compressor,
and extract the heat of compression.  Then, I'd re-expand it through
low-pressure motors with intermediate heat exchangers to collect that
energy twice.  Usually, compressed air is a lousy deal, but with big
tanks and insulation it can come out "over unity."

Best,
Bob