[Greenbuilding] Wood by the pound.

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Sat Dec 25 14:54:00 CST 2010

I wonder if anyone on this list knows of statistics about quantities of
firewood burned? I admit I know nothing about this except for what folks I
know use. I can extrapolate from that, but that wouldn't help with houses in
other climate zones, with different insulation levels. Seems like an
interesting thing to know, i.e.,
8,000HDD, 2000 square feet, R19 nominal, median indoor temperature: 64F =
5-10 cords
4,000HDD, 500 square feet, R13 nominal, median indoor temperature: 64F = 1-3
cords

(numbers all made up for purposes of illustration).

Anyone?