[Greenbuilding] Energy-saving shower

nick pine nick at early.com
Wed Nov 3 15:42:43 CDT 2010

Has anyone tried a fully-enclosed shower?

http://www.sunfrost.com/efficient_shower.html

I just built one, and I've been looking around for an ultra-low-flow showerhead.

These McMaster-Carr part numbers look interesting, in brass:

50785K184 1/2" FNPT - 1/8" FNPT adapter $5
34615K71  1/8" MNPT - 1/8" FNPT swivel  $13
32885K711 60-degree full cone nozzle    $8   0.2 gpm @ 40 psi
32885K721 60-degree full cone nozzle    $8   0.5 gpm @ 40 psi

McGill U's "water conservation and the mist experience" pamphlet
recommended an obsolete Bete F200 fog nozzle with a 0.33 lpm output
at 20 psi, saying "The advantage of the fan spray pattern is
its ability to move soap suds on the skin surface.

Nick