[Greenbuilding] Greenbuilding Digest, Vol 12, Issue 23

Reuben Deumling 9watts at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 19:02:41 CDT 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 3:55 PM, candtcampbell at juno.com <
candtcampbell at juno.com> wrote:

> I have not experimented with different detergents. My clothes are almost
> exclusively cotton and the city water probably is medium hard. But if I were
> to put a pair of blue jeans out to dry on a rack, I would expect the jeans
> to be so stiff when dry that they would almost stand by themselves.

Hm. You say you 'would expect' this. And I sense that your expectation would
be that this state of affairs would be unacceptable. I wonder if you tried
it (the drying on a rack, and putting the clothes on afterward) and report
back. Most of the world doesn't use clothes dryers and somehow they manage.

And badly wrinkled too. Underwear, flannel shirts and T shirts would fare no
> better.

I've washed all my laundry cold and dried it on the rack everywhere I've
lived. I've also never ironed anything except, very rarely, a shirt. I don't
go to weddings that often. I suppose I've been missing out all these years,
but honestly I'm not sure what the problem is that you've conjured in your
mind.