[Greenbuilding] Bamboo Floor, Radiant Heat and Thermal Mass

Lynelle Hamilton lynelle at lahamilton.com
Sun Feb 27 19:36:39 CST 2011

That's the problem.  We've stained and polished 2 times now, with
problems each time.  The colour (water/soy product) first took
beautifully, but an overzealous tech rep (came with a new polishing
machine) burned the finish by over buffing. When the damaged finish was
removed, the floor reground and restained, the colour was off, blotchy
and quite honestly, ugly.

There are 3 rooms that are fine and the floor is a beautiful tone,
almost like onyx.
The living/dining/kitchen room is the one with the problem.  Makes me
want to cry.  We don't know if we can get enough of the sealer out to
get stain to take properly.

Lynelle