[Greenbuilding] Drive carefully, Stubby!

Rob Dickinson robd at pobox.com
Tue Jan 18 21:53:04 CST 2011

Stubby may or may not be an actual member -- and I think he is because a
Google search of his email address indicates an interest in recycled lumber
products, a Greenbuilding kind of thing.

But regardless of whether Stubby is a member "himself" or "herself",
Stubby's email is now being automatically responded to by a DriveCarefully
automated agent.  And that's not good.

If I were the moderator, I think the prudent response would be to set
Stubby's list account to "moderated", i.e. any posts or replies from Stubby
go into a moderation queue and don't go out unless and until a human
approves it.

Apparently DriveCarefully.com needs to partner with EmailAppropriately.com
in order to have a more complete and constructive service.  If I were
launching a new web and phone communication service, like what
DriveCarefully.com seems to want to do, the last thing I would want to do is
launch with an auto-spam feature.

Yikes!

Rob

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 6:52 PM, JOHN SALMEN <terrain at shaw.ca> wrote:

>  Is Stubby a member who likes listening to emails or has the list been
> hijacked for spam?
>

> *JOHN SALMEN ENVIRONMENTAL DESIGN*
>
> *4465 UPHILL RD**,. DUNCAN, B.C.  CANADA, V9L 6M7*
>
> *PH 250 748 7672 FAX 250 748 7612 CELL 250 246 8541*
>
> *terrain at shaw.ca***

"I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all
the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends
I want to see." — John Burroughs (1837-1921) American naturalist, writer