[Greenbuilding] bovine booster

RT ArchiLogic at yahoo.ca
Wed Jan 19 15:22:20 CST 2011

Gennaro wrote:
> No bullshit. Horse manure too.

I looked in on the GB List archive because I've not been receiving
messages in my email for a week or more and was curious to see what's been
flying about... and I found this "poo" thread and the "Stubby driving"
thread.

Needless to say, I immediately carried out the hoodoovoodoomumbojumbo
ritual thanking the CyberGremlins for messing up my GB List email
reception for the past while.

That being said, I think that it would be useful to mention to Wannabe Poo
Enthusiasts (WannaPE's) that the plaster-enhancing properties ( I wouldn't
describe them as being "strength and durability" so much) of bovine manure
are *NOT* the same as those provided by equine manure.

Anyone who has flung dung (ie cow patties, horse chestnuts, deer nuggets,
bear torpedos etc) could have attested to this even without having ever
hoisted a handful of an earthen plaster.

Reason for the difference between bovine and equine poo properties ?
Ruminate on it for a spell and I'm sure you'll come up with the answer
y'self.

And for those aspiring NaturalPlasterers who find this talk about animal
excrement as admixtures less than appealing, you might want to have a look
at what the juice from the prickly pear cactus has to offer.

--
=== * ===
Rob Tom