[Greenbuilding] Non-Motorized Rangehood

Bob Klahn Home-NRG at dnaco.net
Fri Jan 21 17:34:45 CST 2011

  Dan,
It's not a range per se, but there have been a number of
through-the-wall exhaust fans which had a chain operated outside weather
cap/flap.  I believe that Nutone still lists one but have not checked
for a few years.  You might be able to adapt one to whatever husk you
have now.

Failing that, could you make a top-hinged, lipped flap that is spring
loaded with a lever or chain operation?  You might make it positive
opening by having a double-throw lever.

Bob Klahn