[Greenbuilding] Solutions (to the ecological problem)

natural building naturalbuilding at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 23 13:55:02 CST 2011

On 23-Jan-11, at 11:40 AM, JOHN SALMEN wrote:

> Similarly if I hire or train people for a building project that
> labour is part of the cost of that project and if the project cannot
> afford it then that project has no value in the community.

John, what are your thoughts on the very old and very community-
oriented practice of barn-raising, where every able-bodied member of
the community helped out without expectation of any compensation other
that refreshments and, perhaps, reciprocal help when it came time to
build their own barn?

Regards,
Steve Satow

www.naturalbuildingsite.net