[Greenbuilding] Cob as an alternative to spray foam sealant?

Frank Cetera alchemicalfranklen at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 15:40:41 CST 2011

Let's say I want to weather seal my home that is an oldy but a goody, though
it was built with wood frame and inferior siding, and now there are gaps
here and there that I want to seal up to keep my heat inside with me.

If I am also coming from the perspective of the natural builder and want to
work with materials that would eventually some day compost themselves back
into the Earth - then I figure this precludes my use of spray foam.

Is is doable to take wads of cob and seal up the cracks and air seeps that
are throughout the shell of the house?

~Frank Cetera
www.alchemicalnursery.org