[Greenbuilding] renewing a cast iron tub

sat jiwan ikle-khalsa satjiwan_khalsa at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 18 18:28:29 CDT 2011

you can also try to google this:

site:listserv.repp.org porcelain resurfacing

(gives 4 results from this list from Jan 2009)

also i made an attempt to refresh my own and our collective memory on how to search the archive...

----searching greenbuilding listserv archives (old (repp/crest) and new list (bioenergy))

this is a FIRST DRAFT on comprehensive search guidelines - gathered and
re-written from previous emails on this topic (and quickly tested by
me).  Please repost with corrections if you can get it to work better. (it clearly needs work)

you can search the archives of these mailing lists using google by following these instructions:

--search all the old lists: (are there two sets of old archives 1996-2004, 2004-2010?  and the new one 2010+)

site:listserv.repp.org [your] [search] [terms]

--all the new lists: (back to Sept 2010)

site:lists.bioenergylists.org [your] [search] [terms]

 (if you include greenbuilding as one of your search terms if can help bring more results just from this list)

--the greenbuilding old list: (not sure this is complete or what years are covered - i.e. searching "chaff" for Rob Tom only gives a handful of results)

site:repp.org/discussion/greenbuilding [your] [search] [terms]

--found this syntax in Jan 2002 message: (doesn't currently work)

"insulating paint" site:crest.org inurl:greenbuilding

--to make something new and improved? and for other list searches?

on the stoves page they have a search box. using it they have encoded
this kind of syntax: (biochar being the search term - but it gives
results from multiple sub lists)

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=biochar&btnG=Google+Search&domains=http%3A%2F%2Flistserv.repp.org&sitesearch=http%3A%2F%2Flistserv.repp.org%2Fpipermail%2F

anybody want to make a greenbuilding intro page with search box so no one has to do it using the instructions above?

maybe make multiple boxes to search each separate list or separate years of the archive?

caveats: i think all these searches only are as current as google's
indexing. i.e. it might be that only items older than a week or two will
 show up. not newer items.

other sublists:  is there an easy way to get the current list (stoves,
gasification, solar, greenbuilding, other)?  (the bioenergylists.org
homepage is stove specific.)