[Greenbuilding] Gates Foundation Launches Effort to Reinvent the Toilet

sanjay jain sanjayjainuk at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jul 21 10:13:02 CDT 2011

I despise Bill Gates and Microsoft for their anti-competitive business
practices and their contribution to the intellectual property paradigm
we have today. Bill Gates's philanthropic actions do not make up for his misdeeds.

Microsoft's recent advertising campaign is promoting the buying of new PCs so that it will run Windows 7. Microsoft has caused BILLIONS of tonnes of ewaste by causing
consumers to purchase new equipment. Even when recycled, most of it has ended up in China, where children are dying of cancer due to the way it's recycled...

But I thought people would be interested in this:

http://www.gatesfoundation.org/press-releases/Pages/safe-affordable-sanitation-110719.aspx