[Greenbuilding] Green roof drainage question

JOHN SALMEN terrain at shaw.ca
Sat Jul 23 13:50:31 CDT 2011

Hi Marilyn

Depends how long the wall is against the roof - if you can get it ready
(pull all the material back from the roof membrane, take off whatever
siding, trim, etc, remove the door, and clean everything well). Probably
need a carpenter or (handyperson) to tear out the sill and whatever is
damaged and replace it (should be max a day - 5-800). If you can get a
roofer or someone experienced with access to the right materials that work
should be 1-1500.

That would be my guess as to what it would cost me out here (but my crew is
experienced with membranes and waterproofing details) - you should have more
access to the right skills in Toronto but really depends on how lucky you
are to find the right person. Problem with that type of work is you just
can't get a carpenter type person that is not experienced with it - as they
could putter at it for a week with numerous trips to home despot and do it
wrong in the end at triple what it should cost.  These materials are easy
and fast to use when someone is experienced (and require speed) but a mess
if not - and the proper materials are a specialty supply.