[Greenbuilding] New HVAC unit

Bob Waldrop bwaldrop at cox.net
Thu Jun 2 08:03:18 CDT 2011

If you add wall thickness on the inside, you don't have to do anything with
the windows construction wise unless you are changing them out for new
windows.  What you have is nice deep window wells that are very attractive
looking.  When we did our thing, all of our friends were dubious and
disapproving.  But those same friends are now envious of the attractive deep
window wells.

I'm not an expert on HVAC, but it seems to me that if you are putting in
some ductwork, then you should at least do that first, so that the
insulation would cover it.

Old wood is a precious asset.  When we took the wall off our south facing
utility room to add windows for passive solar, there were beautiful 1 x 8"
wooden planks under the brick.  Every one of those went to a good home.

Bob Waldrop, Okie City