[Greenbuilding] carbon capture and transformation

Corwyn corwyn at midcoast.com
Tue Nov 1 15:36:01 CDT 2011

On 10/31/2011 6:02 PM, johndaglish at free.fr wrote:

> CO2 + 4 H2>  CH4 + 2 H2O

I am wondering where the benefit of this is.  We take natural gas, burn
it to produce energy (and CO2 and H2O).  Use more energy than that to
convert the H2O into H2 and O2, and then the CO2 + H2 back into CH4
again.  This seems like a machine for turning energy into waste heat and
goodness knows we have enough of those already.  Perpetual motion
machines don't work even if you use chemicals.  What am I missing?

Thank You Kindly,

Corwyn

--
Topher Belknap