[Greenbuilding] cars have suspension systems, why don't houses in earthquake zones? Or do some?

natural building naturalbuilding at shaw.ca
Thu Sep 1 20:03:32 CDT 2011

I'm constructing a 1000 sf rammed earth / post and beam / strawbale infill / living roof building on Vancouver Island which lies above the Cascadia Fault and it will be mounted on a rubble trench (much favoured by Frank Lloyd Wright) for this very reason, to (partially) isolate the building from seismic acceleration.

See: www.natualbuildingsite.net

Regards,
Steve Satow

www.naturalbuildingsite.net