[Greenbuilding] Making tongue and groove flooring from roughcut lumber

Norman Feldman nfeldman at fountainhouse.org
Sun Apr 22 11:12:35 CDT 2012

A non-profit I belong to owns a farm in New Jersey, 350 acres of which is forest/tree farm. Working with a state forest ranger we cull oak and pine trees and saw them into lumber and firewood. A manufacturer in south Jersey has said that if we send him board lumber that has been stickered (dried) for a year he could have it kiln dried and made into t&g flooring. I'd be curious if anyone knows of other manufacturers who could process small amounts of lumber.