[Greenbuilding] Pussy Riot

Gennaro Brooks-Church - Eco Brooklyn info at ecobrooklyn.com
Sun Aug 19 06:45:25 CDT 2012

In case you were wondering what my mother thinks of Pussy Riot and the
connection with nature, read below.....thought it was appropriate to
the discussion of the ultra technological (but lifeless) Passive House
vs. more biophillic techniques of building.....

I find the Pussy Riot thing the most truly political act I can
remember; maybe the only one I remember.

The Arab spring, the various anti war demonstrations, the Occupy
movement, etc etc are worthy enough, some improvement on a temporary
basis, but really simply removing one bunch of men to put another. or
to put women who have, through their climb to power, had to absorb the
male mindset of territoriality and patriarchy. (Condalenca Rice? the
female chief of police that ordered, and defends, the shooting, the
murder,  of striking miners in S.A.?)

The base problem of human civilization is the co-option of the innate
human connection to Nature, to the Earth and all its Life-giving
processes, by men, by patriarchy.

Robert Graves posits that when men made the connection between the act
of copulation, insemination, pregnancy and birth, was when the dynamic
of human society changed.
Think about it; what does a small child think when he sees a woman's
belly swell, when a child. astoundingly!!,  comes forth.
To make a connection between that and a seemingly incidental act of
physical hygiene, nine months previous....un-likely.
And so it was with primitive man; they thought she'd sat upon a magic
rock, or ate a magic plant, or the stars injected her...or, or , or...

Once men tweaked to their part in the deal, things shifted.

This was their child, their projection, their extension.
Their tribe.
Tribalism is to be feared. It is an arbitrary division, thus
destruction, of Nature.
 Zionism, Shism, Catholism, on and on.... and Oh!, the wars we are
fighting, the children who are dying,  to defend these spurious
designated tribes.

And so the concept of private property surged, of control the woman,
of monogamy, of subjugation of woman.
Like livestock, the 'breeders' had to be managed, to increase the
wealth and sanctity of the livestock owner.

And, most pivotally, the recognition of Nature, the connection to the
Earth had to be switched to a worship of a God.
"Omnipotent", "All-Seeing"....Big brother in a cave. Paleolithic Putin.

And from this comes the basic mis-understanding; that the Earth is
here for humans to exploit.
As men shifted to exploit their breeders, they then exploited the Earth.

The only issue worth focusing on right now is the environmental
crisis; all else pales; fiddling while Rome burns.
And this male-enforced divorce from nature is at the root of this
Earth-wide disaster.

All established religion is engineered (by men)  to enforce this exploitation;
The innate fear in all (un-aware) men is of women and of their power;
Fear, terror it seems, of the power of connection to Nature's cycles
and  its utter and total  primary-ness in the Life of all Being.

When I hear the (undoubtedly worthy) rebel fighters of the Arab Spring
shout Allah who Akbar (God is great) with every shot, I quake.
When I see that the first 5 of the 10 Commandments are only about
establishing the power of the religious patriarchal authority, I
quake. (the advice against murder , surely the most basic of all human
laws, does not appear until # 6, amazingly enough).
When I see Zionists killing Arabs, based on something supposedly
written 5 thousand years ago, I quake.
When I see that there is no record of any Western herbalism/medicine
from before the year 1600, because men destroyed all of it, fearing
this female healing power, I quake.

In the beginning there was Nature.
Will there be in the end?

I know the women of Pussy Riot would have been burned at the stake,
until relatively recently.

And so would have I.

--------------

Punk-Prayer "Virgin Mary, Put Putin Away"

(choir)

Virgin Mary, Mother of God, put Putin away
Рut Putin away, put Putin away

(end chorus) ...
Black robe, golden epaulettes
All parishioners crawl to bow
The phantom of liberty is in heaven
Gay-pride sent to Siberia in chains

The head of the KGB, their chief saint,
Leads protesters to prison under escort
In order not to offend His Holiness
Women must give birth and love

Shit, shit, the Lord's shit!
Shit, shit, the Lord's shit!

(Chorus)

Virgin Mary, Mother of God, become a feminist
Become a feminist, become a feminist

(end chorus)

The Church's praise of rotten dictators
The cross-bearer procession of black limousines
A teacher-preacher will meet you at school
Go to class - bring him money!

Patriarch Gundyaev believes in Putin
Bitch, better believe in God instead
The belt of the Virgin can't replace mass-meetings
Mary, Mother of God, is with us in protest!

(Chorus)

Virgin Mary, Mother of God, put Putin away
Рut Putin away, put Putin away

Gennaro Brooks-Church
Director, Eco Brooklyn Inc.
Cell: 1 347 244 3016 USA