[Greenbuilding] Question on tight house, carbon monoxide

David Bergman bergman at cyberg.com
Sat Feb 18 11:19:42 CST 2012

They're just a second-best solution to dealing with grease and odors
when exterior venting is not possible. I've often had to resort to
them in apartment renovations. They're moderately effective at best.

I doubt they'd have any effectiveness on gasses such as CO since they
aren't readily filterable.  Nor on heat dissipation.

David Bergman  RA   LEED AP
DAVID BERGMAN ARCHITECT / FIRE & WATER LIGHTING + FURNITURE
architecture . interiors . ecodesign . lighting . furniture
bergman at cyberg.com    www.cyberg.com
241 Eldridge Street #3R, New York, NY 10002
t 212 475 3106    f 212 677 7291

author - Sustainable Design: A Critical Guide
adjunct faculty - Parsons The New School for Design